Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Hero

My husband is the MAN!! The whole flushing assembly, including the handle, needed replacing in the worst way. I think it was the same setup that was in the toilet when the house was built in 1984. Brian got in there and wrestled with the thing and got it all replaced, even though he had a raging headache. Thank you, Sweetie!
I have a hair appointment at 2:00 with Donna Kay at Precision Cuts in Barling. She is perm goddess. My last one lasted six months and never really got fuzzy. I'm going back to the neckline cut and perm like I had in the late 80's early 90's. My avatar pic shows how it was when Brian and I first got married. That pic is from October of 92. I'm 100 pounds heavier now, but I will have the same hair this afternoon. I've lost some weight, so maybe I will look like that again in a few months. LOL
I have been thinking a lot about my best friend, Laurie. I haven't talked to her in nearly a year I guess. We do this. We'll keep in touch for a while, then something happens and we get sidetracked. Time goes by so fast and I don't realize just how long it's been until all of a sudden. I need to call her and make a lunch date. Friends are so important in life, but they are one of the pleasures that I deny myself for whatever self-sabotage reason I do these things. If you have a good friend you haven't talked to in a while, I would encourage you to call, email or send a short note to let them know you're thinking of them. It will make their day, and it will lighten your guilt load a little. Just go ahead and do those things you want to do that will bring you closer to the folks you love. The dishes will still be there when you're ready to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment