Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Looking Outside Myself

Self-centeredness is the common flaw we all share. Each of us has our own problems and sins to deal with, but we are all selfish. I would like to think it wasn't true in my case, but I'd be lying to myself. In my current state of mind, it's natural and seems like self-preservation to dwell on my feelings. I'm sharing them to hopefully help someone else as well, but I've been pretty focused on me. Today I realized that I am grateful that my worst problem is severe depression.

I was watching Joyce Meyer's "Enjoying Everyday Life" on TBN. She has been discussing how the church in America has gotten far away from Christ's original commands of loving each other and helping the poor and needy. She showed scenes from the garbage dump in Cambodia where hundreds of children live, scrounging for something they can clean up and sell for food. Even more heartbreaking were the statistics on just how huge the child sex trade is worldwide. 2 million children in India alone are exploited by sex traders or forced to be prostitutes just to survive. Dear God, who could do that to another human being, much less a child!

The Lord made sex to be a wonderful experience of love between two people who are committed to each other's happiness and well-being. Satan and man have twisted it into a means of control, profit and degradation. We have to fight this perversion of God's plan. I prayed about what I could do to help. While driving around, one of my favorite radio stations (Air1) mentioned that the band The Wrecking was proud to have one of their songs being used by a group called Love146. This group has rescued and given hope to children and teens who have been forced into this slavery. Hearing about this right after watching Joyce's show seemed like a clear direction to me. I plan to do my part to get the word out about this abhorrent practice. Join me in setting captives free in the name of Jesus. I have a link to the YouTube channel for Love146 on the left side of my page. Here is their homepage: http://love146.org/ and they also have a blog at http://love146.blogspot.com/. They have a list of 146 ways to help. Only 1 or 2 involve money. The rest are ways to get the message out. These evil people thrive like roaches in the dark places. Let's shine Christ's light on them and save as many of their victims as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment