Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"A Double Minded Man..."

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

James was writing about those who can't decide where their allegiance lies-with the Lord or satan. This verse is appropriate for other areas of our lives as well.

I've always had difficulty making up my mind. Once I have finally made a firm decision the thing gets done despite all obstacles. The decision making process itself is what stymies me. It's too easy for me to see all sides and possibilities. Just looking at pros and cons is not very helpful unless you first have a set of priorities to measure them against.

I have a stated set of priorities, but I allow my emotions of the moment to make me short-sighted. On sober reflection I realize the "decision" isn't best in the long-term, so I make a new decision. Even though I know that decision is the right one, it may not comfortable in the short-term so I keep waffling. I'm thankful my lack of resolve isn't as public as Brett Favre's, but it's no less uproarious for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment