Thursday, December 31, 2009

On the Edge Peeking Over


The sheer magnificence of our God and His creation can sometimes take my breath away. I don't know if 2010 will be the year of Christ's return, but I want to live as if it is. This body, this mind, my family, my home, this opportunity to pursue the desire of my heart...all these things show me His love for me. Not His love for all humanity, but just for me. Like an ardent lover He woos us individually with special sights, like this rainbow; with small answered prayers that no one else would even care to hear about; with gentle comfort in sadness. He deserves our worship and awe, but He desires our love. Make this the year you turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full on His wonderful face. Make this the year you fall in love with the Lover of your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment