Sunday, November 08, 2009

On a More Positive Note

I am soooooo excited! I have discovered a great motivating tool to get my novel written. Okay. One of the novels that have been percolating in my fevered brain for years. November is National Novel Writing Month! There's an official website and everything (http://www.nanowrimo.org/). I have signed up and have managed to post around 16,000 words so far. The goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Can I do it? Well, considering that the daily goal is 1667 words per day (about 8-9 pages), I think I can. I am really looking forward to being able to type "The End" and really mean it. You're not allowed to edit, you just get the first draft down as quickly and as best you can. According to the site, "December is for editing." Regardless of how much rewriting I may have to do, I am planning to get my first draft done by November 30. Wish me luck! In fact, go try it yourselves and have fun whether you finish or not! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment